Aging gracefully is the goal of many women. While good genes help, there are some simple, low cost and very effective creams to maintain a youthful appearance. This post will give you a step by step guide on how to use Retin-A and Hydroquinone together for great skin.
Retin-A (generic is tretinoin)
Most beauty professionals recommend the of retinoids by women over 35 at least once a week. Prescription strength Retin-A increases cellular turnover, improves skin tone and pore size, and increases collagen production. It is highly effective for treating wrinkles, acne, and sun damaged skin too.
Some women are concerned that their skin will become red and flakey due to Retin-A. If used correctly these potential side effects will not be present and the results will be glowing skin. Additionally, if you are experiencing break outs or have a teenager in your house, Retin-A may be the miracle you have been seeking.
How to use Retin-A
The thing that is difficult for most people is that they start using Retin-A too rapidly. There is a process that will help you ease into it so you can avoid peeling and redness. Always use at night.
- First 2 weeks – Apply Retin-A every 3rd day before bed.
- Weeks 3 & 4 – Apply every other day.
- Week 5 and beyond – daily usage.
- Make sure you are always wearing sunscreen and avoid direct sun exposure because the Retin-A will make your skin more sensitive. Tula makes a great broad spectrum sunscreen that layers perfectly under makeup.
Hydroquinone Cream is a bleaching cream that is used to lighten uneven skin tone and brown spots. You can use Hydroquinone and Retin-A together to brighten your skin. The 2 creams can be used together for 3 months at a time, then you need to take a break.
Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C Serum rounds out the trifecta of making your skin look amazing. Use every morning under moisturizer and/or foundation. It is a wonderful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and stimulates collagen production.
Retin-A and Hydroquinone Application
- At night, wash your face. Once it is completely dry, apply Retin-A. Keep it away from your eyes, nostrils and mouth.
- Then apply Hydroquinone cream on top.
- Apply moisturizer.
- In the morning on clean skin, apply Vitamin C serum.
- Apply SPF 30+ on top
Get maximum results by using all of these products on the neck, chest, the backs of the hands and the face. The use of these creams can dramatically transform skin quality in as little as a month. The low cost and no downtime makes good skin care one of the best investments you can make.
How to Buy Retin-A and Hydroquinone
Since these are prescription products, your first and best option is to contact your doctor. If you are not currently seeing a dermatologist, there are very convenient options to work with online doctors at a service like ForHers.com or Apostrophe.
For those in Los Angeles, Creative Aesthetics is a full-service medical aesthetics practice that offers injectables, medical chemical peels, microneedling, ultherapy and skin care.
Using Retin-A is one of the things that that will give you most bang for your buck. Since we are not medical professionals, work with your physician to design a plan that is best for you.
RELATED: 5 TIPS TO LOOK GOOD FOR YOUR AGE
Other Posts You Might Like:
- BEAUTY: Why I Won’t Do Radio Frequency Skin Tightening Again
- BEAUTY: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Botox
- BEAUTY: Top 5 Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil
- BEAUTY: Are Lash Extensions Right For You
- HEALTH: Easy Diet Tips to Drop Those Vacation Pounds