Getting out on the water has never been easier with inflatable standup paddle boards (iSUPs). They’re easy to transport, set up, and paddle in a wide variety of settings. The big question is how to choose the best inflatable SUP board for you.
You might be like us – starting out with an inflatable kayak opened your eyes to the world of inflatable stand up paddle boards. It’s another way to have fun on the water and the fact that it is inflatable means it’s easy to transport.
Whether you’re going for a leisurely paddle on your favorite local lake or going for an adventure filled ride down a river, inflatable SUPs check so many boxes, that they’re truly a no brainer to add to your recreational gear collection!
Planning a Stand Up Paddle Board trip, here are other posts you will find helpful:
- 10 Best Water Shoes for Kayaking, Canoeing and SUP
- 20 Best Kayaking Trips and Canoe Trips in the US
- 60 Bucket list USA Trip Ideas
What are the Best Inflatable SUP Boards?
The biggest problem many people have when they start looking for an iSUP online is the sheer number available for purchase. The last thing you want to do is invest the time and money into buying a board only to realize that it wasn’t what you were hoping it would be!
Not to worry though. We’ve done the research and put in the time to help you find the best inflatable SUP boards that will meet your needs and expectations. Let’s get started!
When you purchase a product through our links, we may earn a commission. There is no extra cost to you – and it allows us to provide free gear and travel guides to our readers. You can read our full disclosure here.
- iROCKER Nautical Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- GILI Komodo Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Gili Adventure Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Bluefin Cruise Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Aquaglide Blackfoot Angler Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Famistar All-Around Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Cooyes Inflatable Paddle Board
- Highpi Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
1. Best All-Around Inflatable Paddle Board: iROCKER Nautical Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Weight: 20 lbs.
- Length: 10’6”
- Weight Capacity: 240 lbs.
If you’re looking for the best inflatable stand up paddle board that can do it all at a great price, the iROCKER Nautical is an excellent choice. iROCKER is a solid brand when it comes to inflatable SUPs having been in the business since 2013.
What makes the Nautical inflatable stand up paddle board the ideal all around performance board is that it’s wide enough for beginners and the price point is more affordable than most boards, without sacrificing quality. Once you learn to balance and get beyond beginner status, you’ll be able to use the board for several different applications.
Want to get a yoga flow going? The wide deck gives you enough room to work each pose effectively! How about crushing some waves at the beach? The three fins underneath provide the channeling effect needed to surf up and down the face of waves in total control.
- Great for lots of people to paddle together on.
- Easy to balance on due to the wide deck.
- Takes a bit of time to inflate with a hand pump, so consider buying a 12V electric pump that makes it so much easier.
2. Best Inflatable Paddle Board for Yoga: GILI Komodo Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Weight: 21 lbs.
- Length: 10’6″
- Weight Capacity: 340 lbs.
Want to take your yoga practice to the next level? Then get on the water! Yoga is great because it helps to build not only core strength, but total body strength. The instability of being on the water will help you tune your body up your balance and strength, making picking up the Gili Komodo Inflatable Stand UP Paddle Board a no brainer for the serious yogi.
The wide deck creates a large stable platform to allow you to hit all of your poses, which is exactly what makes it the best inflatable SUP board for yoga. Plus, you get the option of choosing between an 11’ and 12’ board, which gives you the ability to choose the right board for your body size.
- Wide base makes it easy to balance on.
- Not a great board to use for long distance paddling as the rounded nose makes it difficult to cut through the water.
3. Best Inflatable Paddle Board for Touring: Gili Adventure Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Weight: 19.5 lbs.
- Length: 11′ or 12′
- Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
If the plan for the day is to crush multiple miles while on the water, you have to go with the Gili Adventure iSUP. This dynamo of an inflatable stand up paddle board cuts through the water like a knife due to its narrow design.
With 3 fins that attach to the bottom of the board; the one long fin helps to keep your board track in the same direction with each paddle. The two shorter fins next to it channel water through to help you get where you want to go quickly.
The narrow nose, included carbon fiber paddle and the well-thought-out fin design is exactly what you want in a quality touring board. The Gili Adventure nails these qualities, making it the ideal touring iSUP.
- Two bungy points on the board makes it easy to store extra gear for all day paddling.
- Narrow pointed nose helps you move quickly and efficiently.
- Not a great board to learn on as the balance point is pretty narrow.
4. Best Inflatable SUP Board for Surfing: Bluefin Cruise Inflatable SUP Package
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- Length: 10’ 8”
- Weight Capacity: 287 lbs.
One of the most fun things you can do on an inflatable SUP is to catch some waves on it! Surfing is one of the toughest sports to learn and master due to how hard you have to paddle in order to match the speed of the wave.
The advantage you get when you ride the Bluefin Cruise is the reinforced rail construction that gives you a really sturdy board. The Bluefin Cruise Carbon model has high quality carbon fiber rails and a lighter carbon fiber paddle to increase your speed and catch waves like a pro. Then use the fixed camera mount to record your epic ride.
- 3 fins create speed and directional control while on a wave.
- Can convert to a SUP kayak by quickly attaching included padded kayak seat to on-deck D-rings.
- Due to the additional gear items, you’ll end up waiting a bit longer for it to ship due to how much heavier the package is.
5. Best Fishing Inflatable Paddle Board: Aquaglide Blackfoot Angler Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Weight: 28.7 lbs.
- Length: 11’
- Weight Capacity: 450 lbs.
Getting into fishing spots that are close to shore where there’s a lot of obstacles can be tricky in anything other than an inflatable SUP. The trouble is that most inflatable stand up paddle boards don’t have areas to store fishing gear or mount rod holders.
Good thing the Aquaglide Blackfoot Angler isn’t like most iSUPs! With 6 different mounting points on deck, you can customize your iSUP to be the ultimate fishing machine.
- Multiple rod mounting points.
- Forward and aft bungy straps to house extra fishing gear and coolers.
- This board is pretty heavy, so you’ll likely need a couple of people to carry it to the water.
Cheap Inflatable Paddle Boards That Are Great For Beginners
Are cheap paddle boards a bad idea? If you are just starting out or your goal is to use an inflatable SUP for a trip or two with the kids, an inexpensive board is perfect. It’ll save you money and if you really want to invest in a better board later, you’ll have an extra board for friends.
You can always upgrade your experience by buying a lightweight, high quality carbon fiber paddle that’s the perfect size for you. And you can bypass the inexpensive hand pump with a 12V electric pump that makes inflating a breeze!
6. Best Inflatable Paddle Board under $400 – SereneLife Inflatable SUP Board
- Weight: 13.39 lbs.
- Length: 10’ 6”
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
Picking up a quality inflatable standup paddle board doesn’t need to be expensive. One of the best iSUPs under $400 is the SereneLife iSUP. This versatile little board is thoughtfully designed for those who are looking to get the most out of their paddling because of where the deck grip and bungy straps are placed.
You can load up the front of the board with gear and still maintain exceptional balance due to the forward placement of the bungy straps. And if you don’t need to carry any gear, the deck grip is long enough so you can position yourself just right for maximum balance and comfort.
- Smartly designed board makes for easy multi-use applications.
- Incredibly lightweight, making it easy to carry your board or hike to more secluded bodies of water.
- Pump is a bit difficult to use, so consider picking up an electric pump for easier inflation.
7. Best River Running Paddle Board: Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Weight: 19 lbs.
- Length: 10’
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
Ever heard of surfing in Colorado? Well, if you go check out one of the many river parks in the mountains with continuous waves, you’ll see plenty of river rats getting after it on their iSUPs! The Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is the best inflatable SUP for river action due to its wide deck and shorter length. What could be cooler than ripping continuous waves with snowcapped peaks in the background?!
- Durable construction stands up to tough river obstacles for dependable use.
- Comes in multiple colors so you can customize your board for easy recognition while at the river park.
- Total length is a bit on the long side for river surfing iSUPs. Still a great board, it just won’t be as playful as a shorter board.
8. Best Inflatable Paddle Board for Dogs: Famistar All-Around Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Length: 11’
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
What’s better than going for a paddle on your new iSUP? Taking your dog along with you! It’s no secret that many dogs love being on the water and hanging out with their owners. So why not combine time spent with Fido and getting out for a fun paddle!
The deck on the Blue Water Toys Paw Paddler is reinforced to prevent punctures from dog nails. The additional deck grip on the nose of the board and the wider deck pad space makes for a comfy and secure spot for your dog to chill on while you float. This board is also a contender for best inflatable paddle board under $400.
- Additional paddling on the deck makes this a bomb proof board for years of use with your dog.
- Wide deck makes for easy balance.
- There are no spaces to secure gear on this board.
9. Best Budget Inflatable Paddle Board: Cooyes Inflatable Paddle Board
- Weight: 19.5 lbs.
- Length: 10’ to 10’ 6”
- Weight Capacity: 330 lbs.
You don’t need to spend a fortune to pick up a quality iSUP. The Cooyes Paddle Board is one of the best inflatable paddle boards for beginners in the budget category. With 3 fins and a wide middle, balancing and going straight will be a snap.
It’s also a perfect board if you have kids riding with you or those who want to have an extra iSUP in the garage to lend out to visiting friends (because who wants to go paddling alone!). The bungy straps on the front make it easy to secure extra gear or a small cooler for an all-day adventure on the water.
- Comes with everything you need to get out on the water, including a backpack, making it easy to carry.
- The included emergency repair kit gives you peace of mind that you’ll be able to fix any leaks.
- As with a lot of boards, the pump isn’t the best so you may want to get a 12V electric pump.
10. Best Inflatable Paddle Board for Beginners: Highpi Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- Weight: 20 lbs.
- Length: 11’
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
What’s the toughest part about learning how to paddle board? Just standing up! Narrow boards make it difficult to balance as the margin for error is very narrow. What makes the Highpi iSUP the best inflatable standup paddle board for beginners is that it’s 33” wide! All of that surface area makes it incredibly easy to balance as the balance point is so widely distributed across the deck.
- Extra wide deck makes standing up incredibly easy to do.
- 3 fins underneath make it easy to paddle all day as you’re able to maintain your angles easier.
- Provided pump is difficult to use. You may want to upgrade your pump for easy inflation.
What to Consider When Purchasing an Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
Where do you intend to paddle the most?
As you can see from our list, iSUPs come in all sorts of shapes and sizes to maximize its effectiveness on the water. For instance, yoga iSUPs are a bit wider and more rounded at the nose of the board to help increase stability while working through a yoga flow.
Touring iSUPs are more pointed at the nose to help cut through the water for more efficient paddling when you’re trying to cover a lot of distance. Keeping this in mind will help you find the best inflatable paddle board for you!
How much does the iSUP weigh?
Weight is a significant factor when picking out your iSUP, especially if you plan on traveling with it. Planning on hiking it up to a high alpine lake for a scenic float? Make sure you’ve got a light enough iSUP or your back and legs will be incredibly sore! Looking to bring it with you on a vacation? Get a lighter iSUP to avoid costly baggage charges from airlines!
Should you buy an electric pump?
In our opinion, electric pumps are a definite YES! Action hand pumps are a pain and they make the inflation process more difficult. On the other hand, a 12V electric pump will make the job simple. It’s worth a little money for less hassle.
Wading through all of the technical information can be a pain when searching for the best inflatable paddle board. With the different widths, lengths, and manufacturing techniques, all of the factors can create a frustrating experience to say the least!
Remember to properly care for your iSUP, regardless of the brand or style you decide to go with. Ensure that you carefully follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for inflating it to the proper PSI. That way you’ll keep your iSUP ready to go for years and years of use!
And always follow safe paddling practices by always wearing a personal flotation device (otherwise known as a life jacket) and never go paddling alone. Doing these things will help to keep you safe so you can continue to enjoy paddling wherever your travels may take you!
So, which one of these iSUPs will be the best inflatable paddle board for you? Where will you take it first? Let us know in the comments below! We can’t wait to hear about your trip.