This Year in Review has to start with the fact that 2017 been a game changer. I came up with the concept for The Evolista in September. That set me into rapid motion to build a website – definitely not in realm of my life experience. So I did what most moms would do, act like my children and figure it out by watching a YouTube video. Surprisingly, it worked and I was ready to publish my first story by the end of the month. Then I was told that I needed to establish a social media presence. Another tall order for someone who didn’t even use Facebook. Flash forward three months and I now have Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. I’m taking it one step at a time but will continue to make strides in directions that make sense.
The concept for The Evolista was to be an online resource and forum for women over 40. So many of the women I know are in different phases of their life at similar ages. For example at 49, I have a senior in high school and a senior in college while my 49 year old friend has 2 kids in elementary school. Another friend at the same age has no kids and a thriving career. Obviously we are all doing completely different things on a day to day basis. There are however, things all of us have in common. On that note, these are some of the things The Evolista will feature in 2018.
- Staying in shape as your body changes and finding fun in fitness.
- Perimenopause and dealing with hormone issues.
- Products and beauty treatments that are effective to maintain a youthful appearance.
- Fashion trends and outfit ideas.
- Interesting travel ideas for family, couples or girls trips.
- Having an identity and interests for yourself outside of raising kids, building a career or both.
- Getting to know what other women are up to in life.
Here’s to making 2018 your best year ever!