This Salmon with Quinoa Salad is perfect if you are looking for a delicious salmon recipe that’s equally good for a Valentine’s dinner or for the family. The salmon is topped with a salsa verde sauce that is easy to make and so delicious.
Salmon with Quinoa Salad
- 4 skinless salmon filets
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes (approx 20), cut in half
- 3 oz arugula
- 2 cloves minced garlic, smashed into a paste
- kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- olive oil
- Heat a large pot of water to boil. Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain. Add the quinoa to the pot of boiling water and cook for 18-20 minutes, until tender. Drain thoroughly and return to pot.
- Put the minced shallot in a medium bowl with the vinegar. Add the parsley, capers, almonds and half the garlic paste. Stir in enough olive oil to make a rough paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat. Add the corn. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and remaining garlic paste. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes. When softened and fragrant, add to the pot of cooked quinoa.
- Salt and pepper both sides of salmon filets. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat. Cook the salmon filets 3-4 minutes per side or to your desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
- Add the arugula to the pot of quinoa, corn and tomatoes. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the dish. Top the salmon with the salsa verde.