It’s getting to be time for vacation and one of the best ways to look great in all your pics is lash extensions. Before you stop reading, just know that my first reaction to Lash Extensions was “NO WAY!” It just sounded like a terrible idea. My friend’s daughter wanted to get them and I thought, she’s going to ruin her beautiful eye lashes. Boy was I wrong!! I want to tell you about my experience so you because I think you’re going to love them as much as I do!
Pros of Lash Extensions
- You can wear less makeup. Yay! I wake up looking so much better than I did without them and I’m finding I only put on makeup for going out at night. Also, no need for mascara other than your bottom lash.
- They last for 2-4 weeks and really make you look great.
- They are SO much more comfortable than false eye lashes. Every time I’ve gotten false eye lashes, I feel like they disrupt my vision and are honestly uncomfortable. I have had them professionally put on so the problem wasn’t me.
- You will feel more glam every day and it will actually be true.
- They make you look younger like you did when you had a full set of long, thick lashes.
Cons of Lash Extensions
- If you get hooked (easy to do because they are so amazing), you are adding an extra beauty expense monthly. You don’t have to keep getting them all the time but you might want to.
- You have to be careful with them. No sleeping on your stomach. No rubbing your eyes when you get tired. This is not much of a con because you shouldn’t do those things anyway.
- The appointment takes awhile. I’m not good with long beauty procedures. You can just lay back and fall asleep but you’ll be there for a few hours.
Misconceptions About Lash Extensions
- FALSE – They make your eye lashes fall out. Your lashes will not fall out any faster than usual.
- FALSE – You can’t swim or take regular showers. You can do everything you normally would as long as you keep them dry for the first 24 hours.
- FALSE – They feel uncomfortable. You won’t even feel them. They are as light as your natural lash.
- IT DEPENDS – They look fake. If you want them to look natural, they can look completely like your own lashes. If you want them to be super glam, they will look like false eyelashes. You choose what you want.
- FALSE – They’re just for young people. There are so many more reasons you would want lash extensions as you get older. We all lose lash volume as we get older and lash extensions will replace some of that volume. They are also great if you are blond, grey or have really light lashes. Last but not least, this is the best way to look great while wearing less makeup.
I had my lashes done by Lily Rose Lashes in Los Angeles. She’s offering them at $125 for new customers. They can run you approx. $200-$300 for a full set so it’s a great deal. If you want to keep them up, you get fills for $50 every 3-4 weeks. If you don’t live in Los Angeles, it’s really important to find a reputable place to do your extensions. If the price is too low, be very suspicious. Check out their reviews and before & afters. You don’t want someone who learned to do them on You Tube or low quality product getting near your eyes.