The Evolista has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. The Evolista and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are ours alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
We regularly get questions about how we are able to travel so much. No, we are not independently wealthy. There are strategies we have that allow us to get flights or hotels at discounted prices and sometimes for free. Part of that equation is using frequent flyer points to get award tickets. We earn points from flying, credit card spend and bonus offers. Chase Sapphire Preferred is the credit card we use most often and the first one we recommend to people that want to start earning points.
A lot of people think the points credit card they’ve been using forever has them covered but they are missing out on a huge opportunity. The best way to get points quickly is taking advantage of a new card offer. Think about it like this: you can apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred with a 60,000 Bonus Point Offer or you could spend $60,000 on your current points credit card to get the same thing. Which one is easier to accomplish and will benefit you faster?
Why We’re Sharing About Chase Sapphire Preferred Right Now
- The current offer is 60,000 Bonus Points compared to the 40,000 Bonus Points we got when we signed up for the card. This is a great offer for this card. Don’t miss it!
- To get the bonus points, you need to spend $4,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. What time of year do you spend more money than December with holiday shopping and vacations?
What We Love Most About the Chase Sapphire Preferred
Aside from the great bonus offer, it’s one of the easiest cards to redeem points. We’ve had such a positive experience with Chase over the last 6 years that we love to share. There are so many benefits to having this card that are listed below but here are some of our favorites.
- 2x Points on Travel and Food includes all the travel and food even in our own city – yes Uber and Lyft too.
- We’ve used our Chase points to get awesome award flights including multiple international and domestic United tickets. We transferred Chase points to get the final points we needed for the Southwest Companion Pass. That pass allowed us to have a companion fly free for almost 2 years!
- Chase Sapphire Preferred has great travel benefits like no foreign transaction fees and travel coverage. The travel coverage includes primary car rental insurance so an accident will be covered without going through your car insurance. Baggage delay insurance pays up to $100 per day for 5 days if your checked bag goes missing. There’s also trip delay and trip cancellation insurance.
- The Chase portal is straightforward and it’s so simple to transfer points to partner programs. It literally takes me less than a minute to make the transfer and the points show up in my account faster than I expect.
- Chase has great customer service. I get a human on the line quickly and they always help me with the situation I am calling about.
There is a 60,000 Bonus Points offer after you spend $4,000 on your card in the first 3 months. Use those points to transfer to one of the hotel or airline partners like United, Southwest, Marriott or Hyatt. You can use it for a round trip economy ticket to Europe or a few tickets within the U.S. The annual fee is $95.
- Earn 2X points on Travel and Dining
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Car Rental Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Purchase Protection Coverage
You can only take advantage of this offer if don’t currently have a Sapphire card and haven’t received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months.
If you have any questions about this card or what credit card might benefit you most, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Other Posts You Might Like:
- TRAVEL: How to Score Cheap Flights to Travel More
- TRAVEL: The Best Places to Travel in December
- SHOPPING: Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers
- SHOPPING: Must Have Travel Accessories for 2019
Save this to read later? Pin it!
The Evolista has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. The Evolista and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.